Microzide (hydrochlorothiazide) is used to treat high blood pressure. It is a "water pill" (diuretic) that increases the amount of urine you make, which causes your body to get rid of excess water. Generic Microzide offers highly effective treatment of high blood pressure, and is one of the top prescribed medications by doctors!
Generic Microzide is also marketed as: Hydrochlorothiazide, Aquazide H, HydroDIURIL, Microzide
*Microzide® is a regsitered trademark of Watson Pharmaceuticals.
Microzide 12.5mg Pills (Generic)
Microzide 25mg Pills (Generic)
Hydrochlorothiazide is a "water pill" (diuretic) that increases the amount of urine you make, which causes your body to get rid of excess water. This drug is used to treat high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems.
This medication also reduces swelling/fluid retention (edema) which can result from conditions such as congestive heart failure, liver disease, or kidney disease. This can help to improve symptoms such as trouble breathing.
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- eye pain, vision problems;
- dry mouth, thirst, nausea, vomiting;
- feeling weak, drowsy, restless, or light-headed;
- fast or uneven heartbeat;
- muscle pain or weakness;
- numbness or tingly feeling;
- a red, blistering, peeling skin rash; or
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild stomach pain;
- constipation; or
- blurred vision.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor if you have liver disease, kidney disease, glaucoma, asthma or allergies, gout, diabetes, or if you are allergic to sulfa drugs or penicillin.
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of Generic Microzide.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink. In some cases, drinking too much liquid can be as unsafe as not drinking enough.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid);
- digoxin (Lanoxin);
- cholestyramine (Prevalite, Questran) or colestipol (Colestid);
- steroids (prednisone and others);
- other blood pressure medications;
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn, Naprelan, Treximet), celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Arthrotec, Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solareze), indomethacin (Indocin), meloxicam (Mobic), and others; or
- insulin or oral diabetes medication.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Microzide.